James N. Cawse
Summary of Qualifications: A unique mix of chemical knowledge, statistical skills, industrial process experience, and quality commitment enables me to be a powerful contributor to the solution of difficult experimental and process problems in the chemical, materials, and process industries.
Ph.D. Stanford University 1973 Organic Chemistry
B.A. Wesleyan University 1967 Chemistry
- Principal, Cawse and Effect LLC, 9/2008-pres. Consulting with small and large companies on the use of statistical and experimental design tools.
- Director, High-Throughput Methods, ProtoLife Inc., Venice, Italy, 5/2007 – 6/2008 Application of leading-edge statistical tools for attacking large and complex experimental spaces; marketing of ProtoLife’s Predictive Design TechnologyTM in Europe & USA.
- Staff Scientist, Combinatorial Chemistry group, Materials Analysis and Chemical Sciences laboratory, GE Global Research, Niskayuna NY, 2/98 – 12/2006
Program leader for Combinatorial Coatings program; Team leader in experimental strategy, data handling, and data interpretation for the Combinatorial Chemistry Program; leader in application of Six Sigma quality tools to the combinatorial process.
- Global Curriculum Development Leader, GE Plastics Human Relations, Pittsfield MA, 11/96-2/98
Selection and coordination of consultants for instruction of Six Sigma curriculum; development of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and advanced tools courses; Instructor for DFSS course for GE Field Teams; GE certified instructor in Six Sigma training.
- NPI Black Belt, GE Plastics Technology, Pittsfield MA, 1/96-11/96
One of the initial Black Belts in the GE Six Sigma quality program. Developed instructional material and taught the first wave of Black Belt training.